For over ten years, Nicki has been teaching guitar, ukulele, and banjo lessons to beginner and intermediate students of all ages. Her patient and thoughtful teaching style allows students to go at a pace that helps them learn important foundations and tools to play multiple styles of music. Lessons are generally a half hour and are taught at Nicki’s home in Wheaton. Depending on the student needs and goals, she teaches:
- how to read music and tab;
- classical guitar;
- jazz guitar;
- blues guitar;
- chord construction and theory;
- stylistic tips and tricks on the instrument;
- and songwriting.
For students still in school, Nicki can help them learn how to prepare for any orchestra program that allows guitar students to join. She most recently coordinated with the District 200 orchestra program which had multiple guitar students in several schools.
If you’re interested in music lessons, use the contact form here to send a message.
- Any student who is a minor and does not have a driver’s license must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (drop offs/pick ups are not allowed).
- Any student or parent that cancels their lesson less than 24 hours from the scheduled time are charged the full amount regardless of if they can schedule a make-up lesson.
- Parking is allowed on both sides of the street. Please do not park in the driveway.